Monday, July 13, 2015

First Letter

(The following is from Chloe's first letter she sent from the MTC.  Her P-day was on Thursday, the day after she arrived.  But the letter took nearly a week to get home, just a few miles away.  We were all on pins and needles waiting to hear from her).

The first day was surprisingly okay.  I love my district!  They just announced our district leader.  I think he's perfect for the job because as much as the rest of the district gives me comedy relief, we wouldn't get much done.  We finally get gym-time tonight.  The Elders are freaking out.  The reason I mention the Elders so much is because we are the only sisters in the district.  My companion is Sister Fusi.  I love her.  She's honestly wonderful.  No lie.  

Oh yeah, HUGE news.  Bria is my roommate.  It is amazing how the Lord knows exactly what you need.  I miss you guys so very much but I know going home is not an option for me, because if I do, I will regret it for the rest of my life.

I know I can do this.  I know this is where I'm supposed to be.  The Spirit is really strong here.  A sister, one of my roommates, read this to me when I needed it most:

D&C 121: 7 - 8
"[Chloe], Peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; and then if though endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."

I can't believe how many times I've heard that scripture and how much I needed to hear it last night.  I am so excited to get out of the MTC and into the field. Oh, and I saw the balloons today and thought of the family watching them going off too.  Love you guys so much!

Give my love to everyone and please let them know I'm doing good because the Lord is watching after me.

No comments:

Post a Comment